Aparna specializes in weight loss, healthy nutrition, as well as disease prevention, management, and reversal. She works with people across the lifespan (from infants to seniors) and with various health concerns and goals. Aparna guides her clients through a transition to a healthy, whole food, plant-based diet, helping fulfill the goals of:
- Achieving and maintaining ideal body weight
- Recovering from sugar and other food addiction
- Incorporating a balanced, varied, health-promoting diet
- Managing-and commonly reversing- chronic disease, including: high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol levels, heart disease, diabetes, cancers, certain autoimmune diseases, food allergies and intolerances, gastrointestinal conditions such as Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome, renal disease, osteoporosis and osteopenia, eating disorders, osteoarthritis, and more
- Enhancing sports and exercise performance, including endurance and strength athletes, professional athletes, and those seeking improvements in their fitness results
- Perinatal care- ensuring adequate nutrient intake during prenatal and breastfeeding periods
- Helping parents feed their children, from infants to picky toddlers, all the way to the teenage years
Aparna is available for private, semi-private, and group consultations via email, phone, Skype, Facetime, and WhatsApp.
- Food is Medicine: Simple Steps to Fill Your Plate with Delicious Food. A whole food, plant-based diet has been associated with myriad, significant health advantages. But transitioning to this new way of life may be overwhelming initially, as you learn this new language and your habits are being formed. From shopping to meal planning and stocking your kitchen to supplement needs, Aparna will dive deep into practical solutions to make eating delicious, nutritious plants effortless.
- Mediterranean Diet: Plant Based Diet. The Mediterranean diet has been considered the gold standard dietary pattern for decades, and with good reason: it has been linked with lowered risks of cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s. Aparna will discuss why olive oil, fish, and red wine are not the secret to health and longevity, but, rather, that by focusing on whole-plant foods that promote long-term wellness and ideal weight management, you can reap the benefits of the most researched and beloved diet—made even healthier.
- Let go of the Myths. Despite major technological advances in health and medicine, nutrition remains one of the most misinterpreted and confusing sciences of our generation. From carbs and protein to metabolism and weight loss, clashing opinions and mayhem in the media have resulted in mass misunderstanding of this most crucial, life-altering information. Let Aparna help you on some of the misconceptions myths and clarify just how simple nutrition really is.
- Veganism: How to Turn the Hottest, Most Important Trend Into A Long-Term Lifestyle. With an exploding marketplace, booming consumer demand, and increasing accessibility, veganism has reached an unprecedented crescendo. Aparna can help guide you and achieve the successes of the vegan movement, point out the potential pitfalls of the modern vegan diet, and offer a comprehensive, simple plan to optimize nutrition for the healthiest long-term lifestyle.
- Corporate Wellness, Optimal Nutrition For Real Life. Life is busy, filled with schedules, work, family, friends, and more. Where does health fit in? In order to maximize productivity without compromising your most important asset – your health – it is crucial to consider some basic tenets for wellness. Aparna also does workplace seminar, we will tackle confusing health myths, taboos, and secrets; deep dive into the importance of nutrition and diet; and touch on other key lifestyle factors, such as exercise, sleep, and mindful living, that influence long-term health. With simple scientific background information, practical tips for applications, and an interactive, fun discussion, participants will leave feeling empowered and eager to implement easy, but significant lifestyle changes.